May 132012

JORDAN LIGONS gives the thumbs-up after signing a letter of intent to play with a Southern California university next year (all photos are courtesy of Memories for Generations by De'Onna Jack)

Jordan Ligons, a standout guard on the River City High School basketball team and an honor student to boot, shows her feelings after signing a letter of intent to attend Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego next fall. She signed at a ceremony at RCHS on Thursday.

Jordan (front, left of center) with her 2011-12 teammates -- they won the first-ever RCHS league title this year. Jordan also has a 3.86 grade point average and was editor of the school newspaper. She’s also an excellent role model, reports Coach Jaime King. She will receive a scholarship.

Jordan Ligons (second from left) flanked by her West Sacramento parents and with her River City High coach Jaimie King (right)

(Facebook members can find up-to-the-minute info on RCHS sports at contributor De’Onna Jack’s Facebook page. Click here.)

Yes, you can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledge newspaper.  It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.

You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).

Copyright News-Ledger 2012