Jul 072012
 

NEWS-LEDGER ONLINE — JULY 7, 2012 –

A child’s story about being abducted earlier today on Maple Street has been discounted by West Sacramento police.

“It ended up being unfounded,” Sgt. Nathan Steele of the West Sacramento Police Department told the News-Ledger.

“An investigation by West Sacramento Police Department patrol personnel and detectives determined that the abduction did not occur and the incident was fabricated by the juvenile,” Steele added in a press release.

The seven-year old girl said a man got her into his vehicle, but she escaped nearby and went home. The suspect had been described as a black man in a dark SUV.

Copyright News-Ledger 2012

Steve Marschke

Steve Marschke