NEWS-LEDGER — APRIL 2, 2014 –
By Steve Marschke
The West Sacramento City Council is on track to fill a vacant seat on the council tonight.
Mayor Christopher Cabaldon and Mayor Pro Tem Mark Johannessen have winnowed a list of 25 applicants into a short list of six “finalists,” invited to interview at tonight’s public city council meeting.
– Bernadette Austin of Hearst Street, a project manager for an infill development company (she’s now on the city’s parks and community services commission);
– Nate Eckler of Pender Island Road, director of technology at a high-tech firm;
– Kyle Glankler of Quail Road, who is in construction management;
– Martha Guerrero of Barberry Place, a social worker (her resume indicates she is now legislative representative for Los Angeles County, and is a city planning commissioner)
– Dean Haakenson of Julian Drive, an analyst/paralegal for the state;
– Beverly Sandeen of Lewiston Road, a higher education administrator (and current member of the city planning commission).
After a closed-session meeting at 6:30 p.m., the public meeting opens at 7. The meeting takes place at city hall, 1110 West Capitol Avenue.
Do you like what you see here?
You can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledger newspaper. It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.
You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to FreeTrial@news-ledger.com (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).
Copyright News-Ledger 2014