FROM THE NEWS-LEDGER — JULY 30, 2014 –
The “National Night Out” event returns this Tuesday, Aug. 5. In West Sacramento, as in cities across the nation, “National Night Out” will be celebrated with block parties and barbecues.
The West Sacramento Police Department joins residents and neighborhood groups in support of the program’s 31st year. The following hosts and neighborhoods will have National Night Out activities, between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 5 (this list is revised and corrected from an earlier version published in the News-Ledger):
– 1527 Redding Road (“featured site,” with special guests, and photograph opportunities at 7:00 p.m.)
– 685 Lighthouse Drive (Las Casitas Apartments)
– 10th and Maryland Streets (corner)
– 19th and Pennsylvania (corner)
– 1613 19th Street
– 1140 Longcroft Street
– Aster and Manchester (corner)
– 2692 Mandeville Street
– Muscovy and Crested (corner)
– 1807 Presidio Street
– Sumatra/Mandura (corner)
– Apache Street (dead end of street)
– 3170 Venice Street (Friends of the Main Drain Association)
– 3773 Elsinore Court
– 3590 Antigua Street
–1680 Quail Road
– 500 7th Street (Washington Courtyard Apartments)
– 2455 West Capitol Avenue (West Capitol Courtyard)
– 3401 Savannah Lane (Savannah Lane Apartments)
– 3429 Evergreen Avenue (Courtyard Village Apts)
– Essex Avenue
– Rumsey Place (dead end of street)
Neighbors are invited to leave their porch lights on, come out and meet with their neighbors to network against crime.
Questions? Call Community Service Officer Nora McDowell of the West Sacramento Police Department at (916) 617-4937.
Do you like what you see here?
You can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledger newspaper. It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.
You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to FreeTrial@news-ledger.com (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).
Copyright News-Ledger 2014