Abandoned house fire

Home Forums WEST SAC TALKS WEST SAC 1A GENERAL WEST SAC DISCUSSION Abandoned house fire

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve Marschke Steve Marschke 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

aldo1887
    Participant

I have heard rumors that the West Sac FD will be holding a controlled burn on the structure or structure(s) at the old kennel at the intersection of Golden Gate and Marshall?

I am wondering two things;

1. What happened to the kennel? Why did the house get condemned? They always seemed busy?

2. How are they going to handle the flocks of those giant birds that roost in the big black walnut next to the kennel part of the building? I have seen upwards of 30 big herons or something resting in that tree, and the tree is practically touching the old kennel??

I would hate to see them do what they did with that seasonal wetland on southport (backfilled when it was dry) and just destroyed? Any info would be appreciated!

Steve Marschke
    Steve Marschke
    Participant

We have some preliminary information on your question.

Yes, the fire department plans to do a controlled burn of a private structure that is scheduled for demolition. The location is Marshall Road and we haven’t verified the address or cross street at press time, but it is west of Jefferson.  Local fire crews will rotate to the scene, and possibly neighboring fire departments will participate as well.

The planned burn has been delayed until regional air quality conditions are right, and the training exercise gets a go-ahead from air quality officials.  Approval is being weighed on a day-to-day basis.

That’s about all the info we have at this point, and we may possibly add to it in our August 7 edition.

– STEVE MARSCHKE, NEWS-LEDGER EDITOR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

aldo1887

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.