Can your group use RCHS student volunteers?

Home Forums WEST SAC TALKS WEST SAC 1A GENERAL WEST SAC DISCUSSION Can your group use RCHS student volunteers?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Erica Scoggins Erica Scoggins 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve Marschke
    Steve Marschke
    Participant

The News-Ledger received a request on Facebook:

River City High has a requirement that its students put in some community service hours as volunteers. An RCHS parent asked for some ideas on where her student could go to fulfill that volunteering requirement.

Are you with a local group that could use some of this free young labor? Can you use a student volunteer?

Post a description of the kinds of work you need done, and your group’s contact info.

It’s a win-win!

EDITOR STEVE MARSCHKE

(We may also print this info in an upcoming edition of the News-Ledger)

Erica Scoggins
    Erica Scoggins
    Participant

I’ve suggested to the parent coordinator of the West Sacramento Dolphins swim team to possibly look into having high school students fill some rolls on our meet days in order to make up for the parents that don’t volunteer at all. This is a system that has been used for several years for Rocklin’s sporting events and it gives the students a chance to get their community service time in and also make a little bit of cash too since volunteering is an upfront paid requirement by the parents of the team. She said she was going to present it to the league representatives to see if it was something that they could approve.

With the holidays coming up there will be lots of opportunities for helping in the soup kitchens, they just have to go to a day’s training first which I will be doing with my daughter. So I’d be happy to organize a day to get some students involved with that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Steve Marschke

Steve Marschke

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.