How to retire that Christmas tree:


What’s the responsible thing to do with that Christmas tree when it’s time has past?

Here are a few options:

You can ‘treecycle’ it at the Yolo County Landfill, where it will be turned into mulch for reuse. Remove all decorations before bringing it in. You can also recycle old electronics such as TVs, computers, monitors (and papers, plastics, cans and bottles) at the landfill at 44090 C.R. 28H between Davis and Woodland. The facility will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day. Normal hours are 6:30-4 on Monday-Saturday, and Sundays 9-5. Visit or call (530) 666-8729.

You can also set the tree curbside for pickup with your regular garbage and recycling service. trip it of all tinsel and other decorations. Cut it into pieces (less than about 3’) to fit inside your yard waste cart, or place the pieces next to the cart on your service day.

Or take it to Whitey’s Jolly Kone (1300 Jefferson Blvd.) between 9-3 on Sat., Jan. 7, where local Cub Scouts will help recycle the tree (donations to the Cubs are welcome.

Copyright News-Ledger 2011

Leave a Reply