RC player signs ‘letter of intent’

JORDAN LIGONS gives the thumbs-up after signing a letter of intent to play with a Southern California university next year (all photos are courtesy of Memories for Generations by De'Onna Jack)

Jordan Ligons, a standout guard on the River City High School basketball team and an honor student to boot, shows her feelings after signing a letter of intent to attend Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego next fall. She signed at a ceremony at RCHS on Thursday.

Jordan (front, left of center) with her 2011-12 teammates -- they won the first-ever RCHS league title this year. Jordan also has a 3.86 grade point average and was editor of the school newspaper. She’s also an excellent role model, reports Coach Jaime King. She will receive a scholarship.

Jordan Ligons (second from left) flanked by her West Sacramento parents and with Coach Jaimie King (right)

(Facebook members can find up-to-the-minute info on RCHS sports at contributor De’Onna Jack’s Facebook page. Click here.)

Yes, you can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledge newspaper.  It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.

You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to FreeTrial@news-ledger.com (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).

Copyright News-Ledger 2012