Possible child abduction attempt
NEWS-LEDGER ONLINE — JULY 7, 2012 —
West Sacramento police this afternoon are investigating a possible child abduction attempt that may have taken place outside a home on the 500-block of Maple Street.
“(The investigation) is ongoing, and we’re not quite sure what happened,” said Sergeant Nathan Steele of the West Sacramento Police Department. “Today at approximately 3:13 in the afternoon, West Sacramento Police Department received a phone call about a possible abduction attempt.”
[adrotate group=”9″] A couple of girls were outside on the block, when a suspect drove up in a dark SUV. The man is so far described only as a black male of average height and build, age 30-40. He may have temporarily kidnapped one of the girls, a seven-year old.
“Apparently, he got her into a vehicle and left the area with her,” said Steele. “The information we’ve got is that the juvenile was able to get away.”
The girl made it the short distance home and reported the incident. Witness accounts aren’t entirely consistent, said Steele.
“Our officers are canvassing the area and outside agencies have been notified.”
Copyright News-Ledger 2012