Recycle those old tires on Wednesday
NEWS-LEDGER ONLINE — SEPT 23, 2013 —
From the County of Yolo —
Yolo County is hosting a free tire recycling event at the Yolo County Central Landfill, located at 44090 County Road 28H in Woodland, on September 25, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Yolo County residents and farmers are encouraged to turn in their used passenger car, truck or tractor tires during this free event, made possible through a grant from the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle). Participants may bring in up to nine tires to be recycled free of charge.
Things to remember when participating in this tire recycling event:
▪ There is a limit of no more than nine tires without a hauling exemption (see further information below). For more information on restrictions, contact Pam Hedrick, Yolo County Recycling Coordinator at (530) 666-8856.
▪ Business-generated tires will not be accepted through this program.
▪ Tires that will be accepted include all passenger car, truck and tractor tires with or without rims and that are air filled with no solid areas.
▪ Tires that can not be accepted include heavy equipment tires, tires with a diameter greater than 60 inches and tire bins full of tires.
▪ Residents, farmers and ranchers may contact the Yolo County Environmental Health Department at (530) 666-8646 to obtain a hauling exemption allowing for transport of up to 20 tires per vehicle. Per grant requirements, no one can bring more than 40 total tires per event. Utilizing the hauling this allows for two trips to be made per event.
The next tire amnesty event will be held on Wednesday, October 23, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at the Esparto Recycling and Solid Waste Facility, located at 27075 County Road 19A in Esparto.