FROM THE NEWS-LEDGER — JUNE 25, 2014 (UPDATED) –
Love it or hate it, the Fourth of July fireworks season in West Sacramento begins this weekend.
Fireworks judged “safe and sane” can be sold at approved booths in the City of West Sacramento from Saturday, July 28, to Friday, July 4. Permitted hours are noon to 10 p.m. on the first day (Sat., July 28) and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on other days. The hours at individual booths may vary.
The same fireworks are legal for you to use from noon on Saturday, June 28 through noon on Sunday, July 6.
City officials allow fireworks to be sold by nonprofit and religious groups at a limited number of booths in the city, mostly in shopping centers. Booth permits are awarded by a lottery after each group submits an application.
This year’s fireworks booth vendors, and the locations of their booths:
– Boosters for International Gymnastics: Arteaga’s parking lot, 940 Sacramento Avenue.
– Lighthouse Christian Ministries: Lowe’s parking lot, 2250 Lake Washington Boulevard.
– Our Lady of Grace School: Papa Murphy’s parking lot, 2455 Jefferson Blvd. (at Lake Washington).
– River City Christian Academy: Wal-Mart parking lot, 755 Riverpoint Court.
– Sikh Temple Sacramento: across from the temple at 850 Walnut Ave. (at Evergreen).
– West Sacramento Education Foundation: Nugget parking lot, 2050 Town Center Plaza.
– West Sacramento Little League: Raley’s parking lot, 1601 West Capitol Ave.
– Youth for Christ Ministries: Safeway parking lot, 1298 West Capitol Ave.
Public fireworks displays require a city permit.
Raley Field will include a fireworks show the night of July 4 as part of “Fourth on the Field,” with local food trucks lined up on the baseball field’s warning track, live music from Nunchuck Taylor, interactive games, a children’s area and then a fireworks show. $5 for kids under 12, $10 for those 12 and up, and $15 for “Solon Club” tickets for those 21 and up. Visit the box office or Ticketmaster.
Do you like what you see here?
You can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledger newspaper. It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.
You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to FreeTrial@news-ledger.com (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).
Copyright News-Ledger 2014