NEWS-LEDGER — JULY 9, 2014 –
FROM THE CITY OF WEST SACRAMENTO –
The “National Night Out” event returns on Tuesday, Aug. 5. In West Sacramento, as in cities across the nation, “National Night Out” will be celebrated throughout the city with block parties and barbecues.
The West Sacramento Police Department joins residents and neighborhood groups in support of the program’s 31st year. The following hosts and neighborhoods will have National Night Out activities, between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Aug. 5:
– 1400 Anna Street (Baptist Church)
– 685 Lighthouse Drive (Las Casitas Apartments and Bryte & Broderick Community Action Network)
– 500 7th Street (Washington Courtyard)
– 1611 Madrone Street (Sunset Village Apartments)
– 2455 West Capitol Ave. (West Capitol Apartments)
– 3429 Evergreen Ave (Courtyard Village Apartments)
– 1016 Meadow Road (this will be the featured location this year)
– 1613 19th Street
– 19th and Pennsylvania (Corner)
– Barona Court
– Aster and Manchester Avenue (Corner)
– 2692 Mandeville Way
– Sumatra and Mandura Street (Corner)
– 1527 Redding Road
– 3733 Elsinore Court
– 3590 Antigua Place
– 3170 Venice Street (hosted by the Main Drain Association group)
– 2999 Apache Street
Neighbors are invited to leave their porch lights on, come out and meet with their neighbors to network against crime.
Questions? Call Community Service Officer Nora McDowell of the West Sacramento Police Department at (916) 617-4937.
Do you like what you see here?
You can support local journalism, support this website, and see all the News-Ledger’s articles every week! Subscribe to the News-Ledger newspaper. It’s only $20 per year within West Sacramento – once a week, delivered to your mailbox.
You can even try it for free for two months if you live in West Sacramento. Just send your name and mailing address to FreeTrial@news-ledger.com (offer open to new subscribers in West Sacramento ZIP codes 95691 & 95605).
Copyright News-Ledger 2014